Microneedling is a minimally invasive, non-surgical procedure used for facial rejuvenation. The microneedling device consists of fine needles, these needles come into contact with the skin to create a controlled skin injury. In return, this controlled injury triggers the body to produce new collagen and elastin.
Microneedling can be effectively used to treat many skin conditions including:
- Reducing scars including those caused by acne
- Reducing fine lines and deep wrinkles
- Tightening sagging skin
Some of the benefits of Microneedling include:
- Can be used on thin and sensitive skin
- In-office procedure
- Reduced risk of hyperpigmentation
- Can be done on areas not suitable for chemical peels or laser resurfacing
- Minimally invasive
- Patient can resume normal activities within a few days
In addition to Microneedling we also offer scar cream.
Here at 360 Dermatology we trust Silagen to treat our patient’s scars. It is a quick drying, silicone gel scar cream with SPF 30. Silagen is made with the highest quality medical grade silicones. It works to soften and flatten scars, reduce redness and discoloration and relieves itch and discomfort. It also helps to prevent abnormal scarring after surgery.
If you would like to learn more about our Microneedling procedure or our Silagen scar cream call our office today at 813.406.4835.